By Daragh Nolan
Registration is currently open to people aged 65 to 69. Everyone in this group is able to get the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
If you are not in this age group, do not register now. Your information must match your identification when you arrive to your vaccination centre or you will not be vaccinated.
- Before you get started you will need: a mobile phone number, an email address, your PPS number and your Eircode.
- Go to: vaccine.hse.ie/
- Scroll towards the bottom of the screen until you see a purple ‘Start Now’ button.
- Select your age group.
- You will then enter some basic details and select the purple ‘Create an account’ button.
- You will receive a verification email, a verification text message (SMS) and be asked to create a password.
- Create a password and write it down somewhere safe.
- You will then enter the personal details you prepared beforehand.
- Double-check and confirm those details and then confirm your registration.
- You will then be notified through a text message with your vaccination appointment details three to seven days before your appointments.
If you do not know your Eircode you can find it here on finder.eircode.ie
If you do not know your PPS number, you can find your PPS number on:
- Public services Card
- Medical card or GP visit card
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- Drugs Payment Scheme card
- Letters from the Revenue Commissioners or the Department of Social Protection
If you do not have a PPS number, call the COVID-19 helpline to register by phone instead.
LoCall: 1850 24 1850
From outside Ireland: 00 +353 240 8787
For more Galway Pulse stories click here.